Wren Williston

Wren Williston

Monday, January 31, 2011

Wren's Song



Here is a music video of a Wren original, "No Me Bring My Pooh". In this version she accompanies herself with a seldom seen Ukrainian stringed instrument. This is a song Wren made up when she was singing me to sleep one afternoon. It's about how, on a trip to Vancouver,  Wren had not brought her stuffed Winnie the Pooh (but Chloe had brought hers). I guess it's a sort of lament. The lyrics are: No me bring my Pooh, No me bring my Pooh, Tonight, Long time ago. This video was filmed and directed by Paula a couple of days ago.



Inspired by a keyhole scarf we saw on Bowen Island, I knit Wren one for her birthday, and one for Paula for her birthday a few days later. Paula knit one for Chloe.

3 comments:

  1. Hello from Telkwa! Great idea on the blog!! Jane and I just getting an update, thanks for sharing. Love the song lyrics. ;0

    I thought I'd tell you I always think of your family when I'm working down in the greenhouse and remember Patrick's comment "your cookin with gas now!" - brings a smile but also reminds me of your family journey so I'd like to think I'm bulding something for you guys also.

    Hugs to you all and call us when your back for a tour.
    John+Jane+kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  2. patrick i really like this blog it is beautiful thank you for sharing xo love from sam timothy finlay and piper xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog! this video is amazing, made me laugh. can't wait to see more of wren's creations!

    much love,

    nicole

    ReplyDelete